Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Remember to Appreciate Life (via loveniki)

The next time you ever feel life is unfair, or that life hasn't given you what you want? or even that you don't think you can achieve what you want in life? think about this incredible man who is showing us the power of the human Spirit.

Today I'm thinking about a video I saw about a month ago. It made me stop, think, and reevaluate my life. Suddenly I wasn't worried about losing 10pounds, or getting my make-up just right; I was completely enveloped in the idea of how amazing life is, and how much we should appreciate it. From the radiant sun that brightens everyday to the warm dinner we have each night, we are more blessed than we know. I would love to hear how this video impact … Read More

via loveniki

4 comments:

  1. I have already seen this video several times, but it still makes me cry...it makes me humble...
    And yes, I do appriciate my own life more after seeing what it could have been like if I didn't have any arms or legs (I have been lame in my legs, but I'm now able to walk!).
    Often you don't appreciate what you DO have until it's no longer available. Like running water in your house. If it's not there anymore you realise how many things you use it for: Flushing the toilet, washing your hands, taking a bath, making coffee/tea or watering your plants....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your recovery! :) I wish everyone would also see things the way you do, maybe people would be more kind and understanding and appreciative of what they have right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it does feel a little strange that you have to watch people who are worse off than yourself - before you start appreciating your own life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is! every once in a while I need a reminder myself, It's sad that some people out there still take so much for granted :(

    ReplyDelete