One of the loneliest moments of a being a single father, is late at night wondering how my daughter is doing. It is always the first thought because as a dad my child is my world, there's never any doubts about it.
Then the feelings of concern fade as soon as they arrive when what my heart wants to say takes over, the feeling of loneliness and wishing for companionship. Not so much the physical aspect of it, but the desire to be near someone who understands and is willing to be part of my complicated life, I guess until that moment comes I will simply accept that I may be alone for some time to come. I have faith though, that someone will be with me.
My husband works away and some times I feel like a single parent and I have been a single parent. I know how you feel. You need to just surround yourself with people you love and get a very good hobby. One that will keep you occupied and learn to enjoy a little time alone. You will meet someone when it is time. :)
ReplyDeleteHi! Yeah, I do think about taking up a hobby and I think I will take up photography. I can spend time catching life on film and feel comfortable about being alone doing it, I do hope some time down the road I will find someone to share it with :) thank you for visiting my blog!
ReplyDeleteAmen. :) (weird that I used that word, but it felt like the right thing to say. :) ) Keep the faith, things tend to work out in the end. :)
ReplyDeleteI have faith they will, i just wish i was more patient about it! :)
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDelete