Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A question many others have asked

If given the choice to forget the person or just the memories, what would you choose?

If you forget the memories then you won't feel the pain of loosing someone that once loved you, the feelings that kept you going back to something that wasn't really there to begin with. Otherwise, you wouldn't have doubts. Would you?

If you were to forget someone completely, would you wonder if you could walk right past and not ever wonder why someone took a look at you? or do you feel that you would be happier and feel better about moving on?carrying on your life as if nothing ever happened and living an entirely new life?

It's not as easy as it sounds after all is it? I've been wondering during the past few days, having watched myself being forgotten time and again. Leaving me to wonder which I would choose, I still don't know.

2 comments:

  1. This is a good question. The movie "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." came to mind as I read your post. In the movie, one of the characters loses her memories of a relationship she had with her boss, and then starts the same pattern over again, crushing on him, and never knowing that she once had him until his wife reminds her. Thus whatever lesson she could have learned was lost, along with the chance to move on with her life when she started the pattern over again. Hmm.. again this is a good question, I do not think I would choose to lose my memories, but the idea of totally forgetting someone doesn't sit well with me either, yet I tend to be forgettful so maybe that choice would suit me better. lol. Hmm.. It's something to ponder. Good Question. :) have you figured it out yet?
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to watch the movie sometime, i had no idea it would be so similar to my post. Wow, i still don't know which i would choose for sure yet. If i choose to forget the person then i would most likely fall for her again if i met her down the road, if i decided to forget my feelings for her i would be at peace but again possibly repeating the same mistake again. Yeah, i don't know either! wow i wrote a post to which i have no answer to lol :)

    ReplyDelete