Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Is it worth trying?

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth even trying, I voice my opinion and someone is going to take it the wrong way, then if I don't say anything I come out as not caring or someone thinks I'm feeling too upset about them. Is there a balance to this? or am I just talking to the wrong people? maybe I should just listen to my own advice sometimes and ignore people who have proven they can't be bothered with me. Seems like the right thing to do

8 comments:

  1. Many of us do not know how to LISTEN... that's the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true, wish people weren't so keen to ignore what they don't understand about a person's feelings..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get so annoyed when that happens!
    They just smile and nodd. Or they have bored expression on their face. Why bother asking me my opinion or how I am doing if you dont care?
    I dont even bother telling people how I am or what I think, unless im mad.
    People are just too self centered these days i think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly it, self centered people who want you to care about how they feel, but couldn't care less about you unless it benefits them somehow. I seem to constantly run into them, don't know why :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so frustrating when people do this! They expect you to listen for hours and help them and they its almost like they ask you only out of politeness but really couldn't care less. :( Sometimes the best advice you can ever get is your own. Trust your own instincts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, that's what I'm going with in the end! when you can't really win no matter what you do, all you can do is exactly that! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's always worth it - because your action speaks about what you are as a person; the reactions you get demonstrates that of the other people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see what you mean, it's just sometimes some people make it difficult to see it that way.

    thank you for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete